School Chaplain: Joanne Cullen
“The Chaplain, as a faith presence, committed to the values of Christ, and on behalf of the church and school communities, accompanies each person on the journey through life.”
My role here in the school is pastoral one. It is my responsibility it to be a faith presence in the school and to recognise where students are at. Our school ethos is Christian and it is important that we continue to promote the Christian message in all aspects of our work here. Faith development opportunities are considered very important for our students.
My objectives are to …
…to be of service to students, teachers, staff, parents,
Management of the school and the wider community through:
- Active Listening
- One-to-one sessions
- Celebration of Key Times and Moments
- Recognition and Celebration of the Liturgical Calendar
As Chaplain I try …
- To animate the spiritual, religious and liturgical life of the school
- To be sensitive to the needs of all
- To be caring and open-minded
- To witness and support
- To support the Pastoral Care structures of the school
- To be visible and approachable
- To help students to recognise God’s love for them and their need for God in their lives
- To establish, develop and maintain good relationships with all members of the School Community
- To be a friend to those in need
- To work with the Religion team in providing resources for prayer, worship & liturgies
- To work with the Religion team in organising retreats / days of reflection
- To develop links with local parishes / religious leaders and members of the wider community
- To provide spiritual guidance for staff
- To visit homes / hospitals where appropriate
- To be available to parents
- To support the bereaved
- Minority Groups.
In recognition of our ethos and Faith Formation Policy, all students are welcomed and respected. Care is given to respect the faith(s) of all students-Christian and non-Christian.
I am happy to discuss an individual student’s spiritual /religious need with the student and/or their parents.
Pastoral Care (during school hours) email@example.com
Links to helpful websites